Let's Get Married...Online?

|


Since I spent my wonderful Fourth of July weekend in OH at a wedding, I've been in a very lovey dovey mood lately:) This made me wonder how will the evolution of the way people consume media change the tradition of marriage? Or will it?

When preparing for a wedding, a couple can plan just about while sitting at a computer. Websites like The Knot and Our Wedding Day make it easy for brides--and grooms to talk about their experiences with different venues, services, planners etc. These forums create open dialogue about the process and planning a wedding. But, would you consider taking it a step further and actually live streaming your wedding service (using UStream for example) to allow those who can't attend to still be a part of your ceremony?

Part of me thinks its a great idea to broadcast your wedding ceremony to your loved ones, another part thinks it shouldn't be allowed. I know a lot of mega Churches who live stream their church services (Bill Winston, TD Jakes and Joel Osteen) just to name a few and I love the idea. But I also think that a wedding ceremonies are very sacred, special and emotional and should only be shared with those who take the time out to attend. When my days comes there will be no live streaming for me!

What you do you think?

XOXO

*Bonus: Pics from the wedding I attended*

0 comments: