Are you Facebook friends with your Ex?

|
Ladies, make sure you check out Essence.com today--one of my favorite mags! They have two articles that I thought are very helpful for women in relationships; Tips for Moving-In Together and Digital Dating: 10 Reasons to Un-friend your Ex. Both articles offer a fresh perspective on the dating world for young singles--anyone not married:)

Personally, I think being friends with your Ex on social networks is a grey area; especially if you are in a current relationship. I am friends with my Ex's on Facebook, but I don't communicate with them at all; so our online "friendship" is somewhat pointless. In many cases, being friends with Ex's creates unnecessary tension and concern for the past. If its over, its over--let it die! I wouldn't want my significant other to be overly friendly with his Ex's, so I show him the same courtesy.

Ask yourself this, do you consider your Ex(s) as a friend "in real life"? If not then maybe they shouldn't be your friend online either! I think I have some social networking house cleaning to do!

XOXO

0 comments: