Happy Dr. Martin Luther King Day!

|
Happy MLK Day!! I hope everyone does something today to remember and celebrate the legacy of the wonderful, God-fearing, fearless man that we all know as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr!

I know that as an African American woman, Dr. King opened many doors and crossed paths so that I could be able to live out my dreams! I am forever thankful for MLK and our many Civil Rights Activists. My hope is that in the future all business will be closed and take time out to commemorate this special day!

My fav MLK quotes:
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase."

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."

"Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

XOXO

0 comments: